This is Burlexe is a brand new, unique and very modern burlesque and cabaret show in a fantastic venue in London Bridge. It features the very best performers from the British burlesque and cabaret scene together with guest stars from other art forms – a mixture of stories, standup, song, performance and some bare flesh.
It brings together two critically acclaimed shows Burlexe and Boylexe that have run in Soho for the past five years, telling the stories of their stars and mixing it all up with song and burlesque performance. The shows take part at hideaway speakeasy Cecil’s in the back streets of London Bridge, ideal for cocktails and not far from the foodie destination that is Bermondsey Street and London Market.
I went to see Boylexe – the all-male show last year at The Shadow Lounge in Soho, which was great fun and also surprisingly moving with the storytelling, which is gutsy and raw as you learn a bit more about the performer and his/her motivations. The organiser, Howard, talked about bringing the male and female performers together for a joint show, so I’m pleased to see it’s finally happening. If you fancy some thought-provoking adult entertainment, I thoroughly recommend them.
Some feedback on their shows:
– ‘Refreshingly relaxed format… an intriguing avenue for burlesque’ – The Stage
– ‘One of the most innovative and unique burlesque shows, this is a top quality event. You’d be mad to miss it quite frankly’ – Burlesque Bible.
– ‘The emphasis is on storytelling and tease! I would give this show ten out of ten. You will be entertained’ – via Trip Advisor.
– ‘The stories of these bold women are as entertaining to hear as they are enticing to behold’ – Erotic Review.
– ‘Those peeps over @Burlexe have done it again! BRILLIANT’ – The High Tease Cast.
– ‘An enjoyable evening of various theatrical disciplines that caters to a wide audience… this show provides a great springboard from which to start the weekend’ – West End Wilma.
– ‘Boylexe brings sex to the city with hot bodies and heartfelt stories’ – This Is Cabaret.
– ‘An all-male burlesque show? Yes, please’ – Gay Times.
– ‘The best night of sexy, sultry and sensational showmen’ – Theatre & Performance.
When: Last Thursday of the month from 31st March, the first show features Kele le Roc.
Tickets cost: £17.50 / Early Bird – £12.50.
Ticket link: www.burlexe.com/burlexe
Address: Cecil’s, 8 Holyrood Street, London SE1 2EL – 020 7403 8293.
Nearest tube station is London Bridge and Holyrood Street is just off Bermondsey Street, near Tooley Street running along the side of the arches.
www.burlexe.com and www.boylexe.co.uk.
For more info, contact Howard Wilmot:-
mobile: 07803 581 766, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.