I’m off to Erotica tomorrow with a girlfriend. ‘Playtime for Grown-Ups’ – it’s a three-day adult lifestyle show for women and couples. It’s an opportunity to glam up, do some Christmas shopping, pamper yourself (free haircuts and makeovers) and learn a trick or two about dating and relating, erotic massage and Tantric sex.
Dita von Teese is headlining the stage show at 6pm, and signing copies of her fab book Burlesque and the Art of the Teese. There are contortionists, fire dancers, pole dancers, and cabaret acts plus a latex catwalk show by Libidex, dance acts from the boys at Stripped!, and the ubiquitous Dreamboys.
New stuff for 2010:
- Dating and relating tips with psychologist and dating coach Jo Hemmings, who will be signing copies of her new book Sex Games.
- Free makeovers and haircuts with Adee Phelan (David Beckham’s stylist).
- Tantra workshops with John Secunda of Alto Sax Retreat.
- Japanese rope bondage lessons with Esinem.
- Erotic massage techniques with Ecstatic Joy Temple.
I’m pleased to see Tantra and erotic massage on the menu this year, as this will add a little sensuality to the large open plan hall at Olympia. Last time I treated myself to a pair of kinky shoes, and my friend Victoria got fitted for a fabulous corset from Velda Lauder. I watched a middle-aged man slip into the changing room to try one on at the same time. Anything goes!
Erotica UK @ London Olympia: Friday 19th November to Sunday 21st November 2010. 12pm – 10pm.