With more than a hint of apocalyptic glamour, DOLLS is a darker, dirtier pop for an evolved listener, bubblegum bisected by industrial synthesizers, fusing grittily sensual lyrics with recurrent themes of money, sex and violence. DOLLS utilises multimedia platforms (music, video, artwork, social media) to bring to life the performance concept of a “good-girl group gone bad” from the talents of a single artist.
It’s V-day – here’s what Nikki has to say on the topic.
- If it’s flavoured, it’s sticky, and you may want to ask yourself “why do I need my partner’s bits to taste like penis-colada?” Flavoured stuff is gross, not sexy. BAN IT.
- When receiving “sexy gifts” – FYI, covering people in chocolate is pretty much a precursor to “hey… So I was thinking… Wanna watch BERLIN BATHROOM WARFARE later?” Run. (Unless you’re into it. I ain’t judgin’ but count me out.)
- Upon receiving unsuitable floral arrangements – smile; gush, and remove the offending bouquet from its wrapping. Then turn abruptly, using your ‘stern unimpressed’ face, and immediate recycle those flowers into floggers. Repeat as desired. Conclude this lesson with a haughty turn and the sounds of your stilettos clicking toward your boudoir, echoing the implied sentence “I believe you ARE AWARE I prefer OCEANIAS.” Cue bedroom door.
- Download the album SECRET SULK by the original love DESTRUCTRICE, DOLLS. Fits the punishment and the crime.
- If you’re the type who gets “down” instead of “getting down” on v-day, I suggest the following: source the best champagne you can afford and a similarly love-hating friend. Attack a centrally located cinema with both, sneaking into romantic films to shout one-liners at the screen while also enjoying the fun of wearing dark sunglasses, posing as the mystery woman who shagged (insert actor/ress here…HA!). After being ejected, head immediately to Cartier/Tiffany’s and loudly demand to try on rings from their “divorce” or “mistress” section. They HAVE to serve you. As long as you don’t “appear intoxicated” you’ll get away scot-free to soak up the hangover with twice as much chocolate and floral arrangement – because they’re half price February 15th.
Nikki Awesome will be playing at the London Fetish Fair, a monthly fair where you can buy kinky clothing, art and sexy toys.
Bio-curious? Check her out here.