Well, I never thought that grammar would be the key to my romantic future – but it is. I simply cannot, really just can’t, reply to messages without wit or punctuation. This is in fact quite fortunate as it slims the field nicely without effort.
Plenty of Fish statistics – week one
Messages – 24
Would like to meet me button hits – 27
Added me as a favourite – 3
Dates – 1 (success rate high- this column isn’t going to last long if I hit it off with the first man I meet!)
So, observations to date? Well, the first is a quote from Plato (that I saw on Facebook). ‘Be kind, for all that you meet are on a hard journey’. There’s a personal challenge in being witty and truthful without being unkind…here goes.
1. Wear a clean jumper (and breathe in).
2. Username ‘Upforitnowladies’ and ‘is looking for a long term relationship’ leave me a little dubious as to your motives.
3. Username ‘bored bloke’? Surely that should read boring?.
4. Yet more firemen? There must be some paramedics out there by now?
5. No photo? How married are you?
6. ‘wanna meet me’, ‘how’s u’, ‘wots up’ … I don’t think we’re going to have much to say to each other really, do you?
7. arsenalx – is that a reference to a football team or the bullets in your rifle? Either way, we’re not right for each other, sorry (and please don’t be peed off that I’ve mentioned you here, I have a child, don’t shoot me!).
8. Putting a picture of your dog as your profile pic…what can I say?
Wish me luck. Date 2 is on Wednesday.
Follow Seaside Belle on twitter and tweet her your dating experiences: @SeasideBelle